Here are some inland marine coverage basics;

Do you have special equipment that you use in your business? Does this equipment leave your business location? Do you require coverage for these items if they are damaged or stolen? If you answered yes to these questions then you need Inland Marine coverage. Designed to provide coverage on equipment and tools on a scheduled (listed) or unscheduled basis. This type of policy is very flexible and can be used to provide coverage for many items in many different situations.

  • Some typical items you would insure under an inland marine policy;
  • Mobile equipment; Bobcats, Track hoes, Backhoes, Trenchers, High lifts, Forklifts, Gutter Machines, Mobile Processing Plants, etc.
  • Job site items; Scaffold, EZ Lifts, Ladders, Walk Boards, etc.
  • Portable tools; Compressors, Air Tools, Metal Breaks, Nail Guns, Table Saws, Chop Saws, Concrete Saws, etc.
  • Hand tools, usually coverage is provided for hand tools on an unscheduled blanket basis.
  • Rented and leased equipment coverage may also be provided under the inland marine forms.
  • Special computer equipment and other electronic equipment.
  • Professional equipment and tools if taken off your premises.
  • Items you have sold and are awaiting installation or while in transit.

You'll find that most insurance companies package equipment and tool coverage together with liability and property. Generally this method will provide you with the coverage your business needs while doing so at reduced premium levels. However some coverage may be written on an individual inland marine policy. Whatever your situation requires we'll help guide you to the best coverage for your business equipment and tool coverage.

Email Address:
Phone: (optional)
Get a Free Dairy Farm Quote